Friday, November 5

Grocery Shopping

We've started weekly grocery shopping, hoping it will save us money and keep us from wasting food.  So far, I'm not so sure it's really accomplishing that at this point.  I did spend about $20 less today than last week, so that was good.  Still, I'd like to be spending that amount every week.  I'm not sure how to make that happen though.  The one benefit of weekly shopping is that it's alot easier to shop for a weeks worth of groceries with Katie along.  The cart doesn't get nearly as full and I don't spend all that time picking up the stuff she's grabbed from the back and pitched to the ground.

I will admit, I did buy a few things not on my list.  Like that box of Christmas cards...they were only $3!  They are cute, but nothing I'm going to be upset about if people throw them away after Christmas.  I was going to do the lovely photo cards, but that gets to be so expensive and then people feel like they have to keep them and then what should they do with the picture, blah, blah, blah...  This year I think I'll do wallets of our family picture from last month and just put them in the card.  I think I did that last year too.  Except that last year I made the mistake of sending some people 4x6 prints and others wallets and that got around.  So everyone gets wallets this year!  If they want a bigger picture after the fact, let me know and I'll be happy to provide it.

No comments: