Tuesday, May 15

Mmm...cake!

The cake is ordered! Mom, Dad, & I visited Shonelle's Cake Affair last night and she had some really great designs and even better were her prices. I know everyone was a big fan of Bev's, but my cake (and Doug's groom's cake) is going to be half the price of Bev's. She also comes highly recommended from some of my parents' oldest and closest friends. I'll try to describe the cake the best I can. It's going to have 3 tiers on an invisible stand and the cakes are going to be square. The bottom tier will have greenery around it and the top two will be wrapped with ribbon and there will be flowers on top of each layer. Ooohhh...and I can't forget about the flavors! The wedding cake is going to be white on our top layer, strawberry in the middle layer (it'll be pink!) and white on the bottom. Don't worry all you chocolate fans, the groom's cake is going to be chocolate. :) The groom's cake is also going to be decorated with Doug's favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs (like everyone didn't already know that.) I think that is all the wedding stuff we got accomplished this weekend. There's still a lot more to do, but it's coming together little by little.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention that we registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It was quite the experience. Very overwhelming and I'm still making changes to it. I'll say one quick thing and then shut up because I feel like we are begging for gifts. The dinnerware I registered for at Dillard's they also had at BB&B, the lady helping us said to go ahead and register for it both places and then just make the necessary changes. That's all fine, but I want to mention that at Dillard's it is cheaper. Yes, I was shocked too, but it is true. Not that I'm saying that anyone has to get us the dinnerware or anything else for that matter. I was just passing along the info. Okay, I'll shut up now. Have a great day!

No comments: