Tuesday, August 16

Together

The other day as I was blog hopping, I came upon this quote:  "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."  Pretty cliche, right?  Yeah, that was my first thought too, but it stuck in my head.  And the more I thought about it, the more I realized how true it was.  We have a beautiful daughter who is the light of our lives, a warm home that is getting lovelier by the day and a supportive extended family & friends network.  That's quite alot in my book!  We definitely have it "all."  Remind me of this over the next couple of years, will you?  

As most of our readers know, we've had some tough stuff to deal with since the early days of our marriage and it definitely took it's toll.  These last few months Doug and I have really worked on some things and we are in a much better place these days.  That doesn't mean that things are going to get any easier anytime soon.  Quite the contrary.  In a couple of months, Doug's unemployment will run out.  We've been so blessed to have it all this time, but we knew it wouldn't last forever.  We still want to Doug to complete his degree though.  So our belts will get a little tighter, we'll eat more dinners at home, and a thousand other little changes to keep us afloat during these next couple years.  Doug will also have to get a part-time job during this time.  It's going to be hard, we know this, but we have a plan in place and hopefully it will be a successful one.  That's kind of why we've been scrambling to get projects done lately.  Like Doug said, if we have to sit at home the next couple of years, we need to have some nice things to look at.

Speaking of Doug, he just got up and started talking to me and now I can't remember what I was going to say anymore...

No comments: