Sunday, November 7

Good Food & Even Better Friends

Last night we had dinner at the C's.  It's so nice to just have a simple dinner without feeling the need to break  out the fancy recipes or the pretty dishes.  Then we just sat and talked and watched the kids play.  It doesn't get much better than that for me on a Saturday evening after working that afternoon.  I didn't have to cook a thing (thanks Angela!) and Katie had a great time playing with the other kids.  Doug & Jay spent much of the evening outside enjoying the cool November air and some rather disgusting cigarettes.  We are so lucky to have friends where everyone gets along.  No one has to feel awkward or left out and just suffer through the evening because the other person is having a great time.

Katie had a great time last night and boy was she worn out when we got home!  She fell asleep in the car and didn't even open her eyes when I took her jacket off and laid her down.  She played hard last night.  Nicky has all kinds of toys that Katie doesn't so everything was new & interesting.  In fact she's still sleeping.  So much for the time change being an issue!

Doug is going to watch football with his brother this afternoon, so I think Katie & I are going to go see my sister at her new apartment.  We might even bake her some cookies.  I hope everyone got their extra hour of sleep.  Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: