Sunday, March 30

Restful Weekend

We have had such a nice restful weekend so far. It's the first Saturday Doug's had off in quite sometime. Since his birthday, I think. I'd like to say we were really productive like we had originally planned and got a bunch of stuff done around here, but that just didn't happen. No, yesterday was a lounging around in pajamas day for me. I had all my fun Friday night out with Desire & Angela. Had too many drinks, got to bed much too late and consequently had terrible head and stomach aches yesterday morning into the afternoon. There's a reason I can only do this once a year anymore, I need that long to forget how bad I feel the next day! I did watch Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium though. I really enjoyed it. It's definitely going on my list for summer movies at the library! Doug went to the Central/Benton baseball game (Central won!) and spent the afternoon with his dad. By the time evening rolled around, I was starting to feel human again so we decided to head out and pick up some dinner. Mmmm...Chipotle and then to Hastings to look for another movie. Doug & I are pretty good about finding something we both are willing to watch or not picking up anything at all. Last night, I begrudgingly agreed to watch Hot Rod, but only because Doug watched Martian Child with me a few weeks ago. All I can really say about it is fortunately I fell asleep about half way through! Although Doug claimed the second half was actually funny. I guess you'll have to decide for yourself!

Anyhow, Doug's still asleep and I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee. I'm going to read the paper here in a little bit and then try to restore some order to my house. I hate starting the week with everything all in shambles. Mostly because I know it won't get done any evening after work, no matter how many times I tell myself that I'm going to come straight home from work and clean.

No comments: