Tuesday, August 7

Less than 6 weeks to go!

These days keep getting quicker, I swear! Our weekend was so busy I didn't get in the 6 week update.

The invitations got finished and in the mail last week. Hopefully everyone has received theirs by now. A little note here about how we made all this work. Since our ceremony is going to be held outdoors at Doug's, Aunt Patty & Uncle Steve's, house we had to come up with a backup plan in case of rain. Our backup plan is to bring it all inside, but in order to do that we had to limit the number of guests. We hated to do that, but it was the best idea we could come up with. There were still so many people we didn't want to leave out, so we hope you will all join us at the reception and celebrate with us. We most definitely want you there on our special day.

My wonderful friends, Angela & Desire, came over Saturday night and we worked on flowers. We got my bouquet put together and the bridesmaids' bouquets done. There are still plenty boutonnières & corsages to make though, so if anyone wants to lend a hand we'd be happy for the help. My bouquet ended up nothing like what I thought it would. We ended up using a little bit of everything that I have bought for the last few months. It turned out really beautiful, I think. Here's a few pictures for you.
Here's my bouquet laying on it's side.

Another view.

Here's what it will look like when I'm holding it.

Bridesmaids' flowers.

Bridesmaids' flowers close up...aren't they pretty?

The other thing we did this weekend was to go and look at the car that is going to take us from the wedding to the reception. This 1926 Model T belongs to one of my mom's co-workers and he has offered to transport us from the wedding to the reception in it. We were going to rent a convertible, but we decided this would be much cooler!



We also had my birthday dinner with my mom, dad, brother & sister this weekend and that was great too. See, I told you we were busy! It's only going to get crazier from here on out, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers, and the car! Josh is going to be so jealous of you two!