Friday, May 11

I'm too sleepy to come up with a clever title...

I'm ready for bed, but I promised Doug I'd stay up until he got off work. Just a half hour more to go. I don't know if I'm going to make it or not!

Mom & I missed our appointment with the cake place last week because of the weather. We rescheduled for this coming Monday. I will get to sample some cake from Bev's tomorrow night at Doug's cousin's graduation party. Yay! I'll be paying close attention, although to be quite honest, I've never met a cake I didn't like. : )

I think we're going to order our wedding bands this week and after talking to one of Doug's other cousin's, I've decided to take her up on her far too generous offer to help with the flowers. I also found out this week that my mom's friend's daughter has a slip for under my gown that I can borrow (that saves me at least $40) and this same girl also has votive cups and mirrored tiles from her wedding reception that she is going to let me borrow for my centerpieces. The best part about borrowing is not because it won't cost us anything, but because we won't have to figure out what to do with the all the stuff when we are done with it. We can just give it back.

We're really almost there. Hard to believe, isn't it?

No comments: