Sunday, January 2

Katie Facts

Tomorrow Katie will be 17 months old.  Where has the time gone?  So tonight, I want to make a little note of all the things my sweet girl is doing these days.

What she says:  Katie can say tons of words and repeats all kinds of things, but her favorite word right now is "Up!"  Also, she no longer cries in her crib when she wakes up from her nap.  She just calls out "Mama up!"

What she does:  She loves to dance & jump (yes, jump!), play with her baby dolls, read books & play with her Little People.

What she eats:  If she could eat nothing but mac & cheese, yogurt and pancakes, she'd be a very happy girl!

What she reads:  Her current favorite is Five Little Pumpkins.  We've read that one over and over for the last few weeks. 

What she watches:  When Katie was born, I never intended to let her watch TV before she was 2.  Um, yeah.  Sometimes I need to get ready and I need something to occupy her so I can do that without having her under my feet the whole time.  Thank goodness for Elmo!  Although, we've recently graduated to Dora & Yo Gabba Gabba.  Blue's Clues is a hit too. 

Everything else:  She's going through a very Mama-centric phase at the moment, but it's getting better.  She's warmed back up to Daddy lately.  It probably helps that we finally stopped taking her to umpteen million strange places!  Otherwise, everything else is going well and I kind of hope these next 17 months slow down just a little bit.

No comments: