Saturday, March 15

Six Months Ago

Who can believe that it has already been 6 months since our wedding? It feels like it was just last week. I remember my mom getting me up that morning and making me go watch the hummingbirds, it would relax me she said. I don't remember being very nervous though. Mostly just anxious and ready for the day to begin. The anticipation was almost like Christmas and not being able to see Doug was killing me! I would sneak peeks out the window every now and then, hoping I'd catch a glimpse of my groom. Fortunately, I never saw him, but I did see all of guests arriving and the last minute wedding preparations being completed. That just made me even more anxious. I couldn't wait to be married, everything I'd hoped and wished for so long was finally happening that day. It was magical.

Six months later, things are still great. I'd like to think we still have a little bit of that wedding day magic tucked away and I plan to always keep some around. We're both working today, but maybe we'll get out tonight a for a little celebration. What we do won't matter though. All that matters is that we have each other.

1 comment:

Amy B said...

Congrats Misty and Doug!! Hope you have a great time tonight!!